HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition
(2013-12-18, 14:37)neo2k Wrote: Hi,

i have just a quick question. We are a bunch of guys living in a shared flat and we have a server hosting all our movies and we all use XBMC. Now i'd like to have one central database with the library on that server. But to complicate things we'd like to have per user configurations so every single user has its own "maked as watched" feature.

Is this possible with one single central database or do we need to have one database per user on that server?
It'd be great if we needed only one database, because scrapping takes a lot of time and keeping several databases up to date is very annoying.

Thank you in advance.

regards Waldemar

I wouldn't use MySQL for this. What I would do is update on one HTPC, then export (wiki) the library as multiple files. That basically saves a local copy of all the data, and when the other HTPCs update they will use the local files rather than re-download from the library. All libraries will be the same, but you'll be able to have separate watch status, and it should be faster.

Messages In This Thread
RE: HOW-TO synchronize XBMC between every room in the house: Wiki Edition - by Ned Scott - 2013-12-19, 00:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition2