HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition
(2014-01-24, 01:53)cmaxwell Wrote: I guess I realize I could start my library over again and base it on the /var/media directories on both machines. But is that the best setup or am I missing something?

If you want to be able to scrape from any client, you need all the clients to be using the same paths. As path substitution doesn't appear to work when scraping, I think you're only options are these:
  1. Configure the sources using the /var/media mount points
  2. Configure the sources using NFS paths (nfs:// etc.)

Option 1 would allow you to configure additional NFS performance optimisations, and would even allow you to swap NFS for SMB/CIFS or some other protocol if you so wish, your library will continue working uninterrupted.

Option 2 is often the easiest solution, but can be a little less reliable (particularly if you're testing nightlies).

Of course both options will require you to re-scrape your library from scratch, but at least once you've done that you can dispense with any further path substitution hacks.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: HOW-TO synchronize XBMC between every room in the house: Wiki Edition - by Milhouse - 2014-01-24, 11:02
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition2