HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition
(2014-05-26, 01:19)MilhouseVH Wrote: Since Frodo, Thumbnail sharing isn't supported, period. You can use path substitution to store thumbnails on a network for a single client if you are short of local on-device storage (eg. Apple TV etc.) but actually sharing thumbnails between two or more XBMC clients using common network storage is not supported and will not work reliably - it will cause problems for one or more of the clients.

Since Frodo, It's not so much that you no longer "have to do this", it's actually that you shouldn't do this.

Unless you are short of local storage there is absolutely no reason to use the network (and path substitution) for Thumbnail storage, and you certainly should not be sharing thumbnails between clients under any circumstance.

Thanks for clarifying that. I think the wording in the Wiki pages for this is very confusing and should be updated (maybe I can figure out how to do that). I played with it a bit and got it to work, even though like you said, it will probably not work very well. Having read the wiki page, I thought this had changed, so I will go back to syncing the thumbnail folder and texture.db using dropbox; I never had any problems doing it that way.

Thanks for the explanation, I am glad I wasn't totally derp...

Messages In This Thread
RE: HOW-TO synchronize XBMC between every room in the house: Wiki Edition - by svenh - 2014-05-28, 03:27
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition2