HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition
(2013-03-28, 03:29)Birdincamera Wrote: Have this set up as per Howtogeek and it works ok, however it states you can have this work with a MySQL server that is always on or nearly always on. Being a green kiind of person I have set my server (also the TV server) to sleep after x minutes and my clients to send a WOL magic packet to wake the server, epg gets updated and I am up and running in about 10 seconds. If the server is on when XBMC is launched (at start up), then the database is updated, however if the server is asleep, XBMC hangs - I figure because xbmc is trying to query the database before a WOL is sent (using Advanced Wake On LAN) but the server is asleep.

Is there any way to delay the query until after the WOL magic packet is sent and the server is up.

Was this ever resolved?

I'm on 13.1 using FireTV

Wake on lan works if I do not have a shared library
When using a shared library if the server is running XBMC loads and works great
When using a shared library if the server is sleeping XBMC just shows a black screen for about a minute and then it exits

Messages In This Thread
RE: HOW-TO synchronize XBMC between every room in the house: Wiki Edition - by krawhitham - 2014-08-23, 01:49
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition2