HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition
(2015-02-20, 17:58)DruTheFu Wrote: Thank you for the reply, but I'm not following what I should do next....

Are you recommending that I do something with the advancedsettings.xml file on device Bedroom? I thought that file was needed to point Kodi to use MySQL for the libraries Db and not use the local Db?

Heres what *I* would do, might not be what some would say is correct or the right way but it works for me...

1) On bedroom remove (cut and paste to another folder) or rename advancedsettings.xml do not delete it. Just rename it or move it out of the folder it's in.
2) NOW start Kodi on bedroom
3) Check bedroom for sources. There should be no movies/video/music to play. If there are then you have file sources and they need to be removed from Kodi on bedroom.
a - It would probably be a good idea to clean the library (video and music) on bedroom once you have removed all the sources
4) Once file sources are determined to NOT be on bedroom exit Kodi
5) Cut and paste/rename advancedsettings.xml back to bedroom's appropriate folder BUT DO NOT Start Kodi
6) Check Main for a correct advancedsettings.xml
7) If it is correct start Kodi on Main
8) See if there are movies/video/music available for it to play
9) If there is media start Kodi on bedroom

You should now have access to the mysql info with no duplicates on bedroom

If you still don't then open the mysql cmd window, login to mysql and check to see if the MyMusic48 and MyVideos90 databases exist. (the command "display databases;" no quotes)
They should be there if you've done it all correctly. They get created as soon as you start Kodi on a machine that has media sources and has a proper install of MySql and proper advancedsettings.xml file in the proper place.

Messages In This Thread
RE: HOW-TO synchronize XBMC between every room in the house: Wiki Edition - by flhthemi - 2015-02-20, 20:26
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition2