HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition
(2015-12-03, 15:50)Concestly Wrote: Thanks for sharing. It would be great to share thumbnails.

No, it really wouldn't.

Thumbnails are a local resource for a very good reason - performance mainly, but also the potentially different hardware characteristics of each client which makes sharing a single cached thumbnail between multiple disparate clients impossible at worst, undesirable at best.

(2015-12-03, 15:50)Concestly Wrote: I understand that thumbnail libraries can grow rapidly over time. Right now I am swamped but will try to take a look at it. But my preference would still be local management of thumbnails which will greatly help with performance and interface fluidity.

There are scripts and addons that can help you keep on top of Texture Cache bloat. Scheduling the script in my sig to run monthly and "prune" the cache of each client should keep things in check. Run it more frequently if you find it's still a problem.

(2015-12-03, 15:50)Concestly Wrote: How does thumbnail sharing perform on your Windows setup? But definitely worth trying.

Don't even waste your time trying.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition - by Milhouse - 2015-12-03, 16:07
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition2