HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition
That's great news! Despite being officially unsupported, the MySQL capability that they built into Kodi has been one of my favorite features.

One more thing -- If you add future movie files onto the hard drive (still attached to the MiniPC), you can scan them in to the library using the Pi (if it happens to be more convenient at the moment) as long as your video sources on the Pi are set up exactly as they are on the MiniPC. I usually just copy my sources.xml from one machine to the other for this, just like you did with the advancedsettings.xml.

In the interests of full disclosure, we could have probably manually altered the database entries to change them from the MiniPC's local drives to the smb network path. But just last week I was messing with my video database directly in SQL and wound up deleting all of my TV shows like an idiot. Took most of the next day at work to rescan and reorganize (trying to remember watched status etc.). So it's probably better I didn't give you advice on doing that! Wink

Messages In This Thread
RE: HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition - by ponkotsu - 2018-05-17, 23:05
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition2