HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition
(2018-06-07, 03:56)Gregtotheizzo Wrote: Thank you! That worked!

Quick question.

Both AFTV are set to scan my source folder. Recently starting to see duplicates.

Should one be importing and scanning and one just pointing to the db as a slave?

I’m guessing having both scan is causing the dupes?

IF you have MySql setup properly any one of the devices you have connecting to it should be capable of updating the dbase. INITIALLY only ONE device should have library sources setup and THAT is the one you use to make the FIRST scan of your media by Kodi library. You can even delete the Kodi .db files AFTER you have it all working as MySql will get the info from then on. Also make sure you are using exactly the same lines for mysql in your advancedsettings.xml file on each device. You should probably have "Show Hidden Files and Directories" and "Allow File Renaming and Deletion" ON in Kodi Media Settings on all the devices. This way, if you want to do it, you can remove the dupes the hard way, one at a time, but I think if you clean Kodi's database it might get rid of the dupes. But before you clean you have to stop the one other device you have that also has media sources setup in it's library and remove the sources from it so it doesn't dupe what you're doing.

Messages In This Thread
RE: HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition - by flhthemi - 2018-06-07, 17:22
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition2