HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition
(2019-07-08, 20:12)garynitely Wrote: Hi guys,

so with help from this very page just over a year ago, i managed to get two kodi's synced up to one another, a MiniPC running the MySQL server as a main one, and a RPi as a secondary. such a great tool and i have really gotten used to having them synced up!

However, following my Pi updating to a newer Kodi i decided to so some spring cleaning on both devices and reset both the Windows MiniPC and the Pi, and all has broken. I have clean isntalls of everything.

Initially, trying MySQL 5.5, i was never able to log back into MySQL after the initial setup, it would let me log into the command line initially, but then as soon as i began to work on it, i would get 'Error 2003' whenever i put my password in. I went with MySQL 8.0 instead and whilst that error is no longer happening, others are.

I can create everything i need to in MySQL 8.0, and access the required media folders through the network on both devices, however i cannot scan the library. 

Looking at my kodi log, it seems to alternate between 'Host ‘XXX.XXX.X.XX’ is blocked because of many connection errors; unblock with ‘mysqladmin flush-hosts’ (i then flush and/or restart MySQL service), and the other error 'Plugin caching_sha2_password could not be loaded: The specified module could not be found. Library path is 'lib/mariadb/plugin/caching_sha2_plugin.dll'

Has anybody experienced these issues before?

Thanks in advance.

I don't know how much help this is but I am using MySql V5.6.43 and don't see any issues with Kodi 18.3 nightlies. Syncing 3 Mini Zotacs and and Android Tablet. MySql runs off an old Dell XT3 I installed a SSD in.

Messages In This Thread
RE: HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition - by flhthemi - 2019-07-11, 19:09
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition2