[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2013-03-24, 16:28)charrua Wrote:
(2013-03-24, 16:20)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2013-03-24, 16:18)charrua Wrote: Maybe you could use VideoLibrary.RemoveMovie first (or VideoLibrary.RemoveTVShow, VideoLibrary.RemoveTVShow, VideoLibrary.RemoveEpisode, etc.) and then call for a source scan.
Hmm, yeah, I'll have a go with RemoveEpisode/RemoveMovie - removing the entire TVShow is possibly a little excessive so hopefully it doesn't come to that!
As a safety measure, it'd be wise reading the media details before asking XBMC to remove it.
After source refresh is done you could even check the new info against the old one and restore fields as needed.

Good news... removing media items seems to do the trick as far as scanning local NFOs is concerned. Thanks charrua.

As a test, I modified the plot for a tvshow episode NFO, ran the qax option on the tvshow and the episode - as expected - failed QA, it was removed (just the episode) from the media libary, then the directory re-scanned and the new modified plot became visible in the GUI. I've tested the same with a movie, and no problem, it worked fine.

I've uploaded version v0.2.6 with this change, so that qax now removes media items from the media library database before re-scanning - use at your own discretion! Feedback would be most welcome as I've got so few test cases (all my media is local, and pretty much complete).

Regarding the safety measure... probably a lot of work! Wink
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2013-03-24, 17:26
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17