[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2013-08-03, 04:45)CaptainKen Wrote: Great thanks, now it's all working. However, on the first execution of "texturecache.py C sets" I got this:
First run

Make your command console window wider by right clicking the window title bar, click on Properties in the menu, then on the Layout tab increase Screen Buffer Size and Window Size width to about 190 so that the "Caching artwork: ..." status and other information messages don't wrap around.

As for why artwork failed to download (ie. produced an error) you'll need to look at your XBMC log to see why XBMC was unable to retrieve the items. It's XBMC that is performing the download at the behest of the script, not the script itself so the script has no idea why an item of artwork is not available at any given moment. Since these are local items, and appear to have been downloaded in your second attempt I'd say it's a transient issue affecting XBMC communication - unfortunately, this happens more than it should.

(2013-08-03, 04:45)CaptainKen Wrote: That left the movies that errored with no artwork displaying so I ran it again.

Yes, the script when run with the "C" option will remove the artwork from the cache before it attempts to download (and thus re-cache) it, so when the download fails you end up with no artwork in the cache at all.

In this situation, just use the "c sets" option to download only those artwork items need are missing from the cache.

(2013-08-03, 04:45)CaptainKen Wrote: On the 2nd run of same it doesn't appear to have finished as shown here:
Second run

I really don't know what's going on there, did it return to the command prompt or just hang? It looks like it's finished downloading everything, and without any errors, but it's not given you the stats summary which you should see once all the processing is complete.

If this continues to be a problem, try running as:
Code:
texturecache.py C sets @logfile=C:\tc.log @logfile.verbose=yes
and then upload C:\tc.log to pastebin.com.

Note also that you can increase the number of download threads, just edit the "download.threads" property in your configuration file. If your XBMC client is quite powerful (ie. x86 based), a value of 10 shouldn't be a problem and may result in better performance.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2013-08-03, 05:11
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17