[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2013-10-31, 11:09)EZ1976 Wrote: hi
i have 2 PI and another media center with frodo on it.
all of them have a 8GB sd card (with openelec)
since path substitution doesnt working anymore and i need to find a way to clean the thumbnails folder and recreate the texture file. will this help me?

Path substitution is still supported, though not now recommended when it may have been previously. Path substitution isn't supported by this script, but it doesn't need to be as you can specify the location of your Thumbnails folder in the properties file - as long as the OS can access that location, the script will work.

If you just want to re-create the texture file (Textures13.db), the easiest way is to delete it from the Database folder, delete the entire Thumbnails folder, restart XBMC and the re-populate the texture cache manually by browsing the GUI, or automatically with "./texturecache.py c". Note that any remote (ie. internet-based) artwork that is now no longer available will be permanently lost using this approach (that's just the risk you take with internet based artwork).

(2013-10-31, 11:09)EZ1976 Wrote: what are your solution for the PI not to run out of space due to thumbnails?
thanks

You can also use NFS for your /storage partition with OpenELEC, which pretty much eliminates any SD card storage problems (not just space, but also corruption). Or using a large USB (16GB+) memory stick is another option, they're fairly cheap these days (although I realise "cheap" is a relative term depending on your finances).

However if you're sticking with the 8GB SD cards then "pruning" ("./texturecache.py P") on a regular basis should help eliminate unnecessary thumbnails - depending on your scripting skills, you could schedule a prune to run overnight on each of your OpenELEC clients.

Although I would say that, unless you're storing movies on your SD cards (which will take up a lot of space), 8GB is a pretty decent amount of texture cache storage - on my system with 641 movies, 2547 episodes and 7538 songs (all with posters and fanart), only 1GB storage is used by Thumbnails.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2013-10-31, 11:37
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17