[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2013-11-10, 19:12)ctawn Wrote: One caveat is that it revealed one underlying problem/curiosity which was the same whether I used the new purge command or the "x" command with the parameters I was using above (lasthashcheck = "" and url like "%youtube%"'). That is among the results:

Code:
Dry-run, would remove: image://video@afp%3a%2f%2fctwan%3apassword%40Computer.local%2fHardDrive%2fVideo%20%5bDriveName%5d%2fMusic%20Videos%20%5bNot%20in%20Library%5d%2fLongName%20-%20YouTube.flv/

That's a .flv video, not an image, and it's on a network volume (afp:// protocol). What business does the script have finding anything on a network volume, especially a video? (I had the same problem in a big way with the Thumbnail Cleaner script – it was returning hundreds of such results – which is how I got over here to the command line in the first place.)

That's a thumbnail that's been extracted from the referenced flv (that's the meaning of the video@ notation, you'll also see music@ for artwork extracted from audio files). XBMC will extract thumbnails from a video/music file if a thumb isn't available locally or on the internet. Deleting the cached artwork is harmless and will have no effect on the source media file. There's an option in Settings to disable this extraction behaviour.

Unfortunately these embedded artwork items can't be pre-cached by this script as there's no mechanism to support this, only browsing through the GUI can extract them so the downside to the removal of embedded artwork (if you want to keep them) is that it's a slow process to recreate them. When forcing items to be pre-cached (C movies etc.) this script will by default ignore these embedded artworks and not delete/re-cache them (change this behaviour with the cache.ignore.types property) so by default it's safe to force a re-cache without clobbering all the slow extraction stuff. Smile

You can also identify any music, movies or tv shows that are using embedded artwork by running the "qa" option (eg. "qa movies")

(2013-11-10, 19:12)ctawn Wrote: note that Mac OS X also uses a Darwin platform underneath. so…

Yeah, I realise that which is why darwin devices will only use the ATV2 path if it exists (does that path exist for MacOSX?) otherwise MacOSX will use the default path (~/.xbmc/userdata), so hopfeully MacOSX users should see no change. I've no idea what the default installation path is for MacOSX, if anyone wants to let me know I'll add it in future...
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2013-11-10, 19:37
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17