[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2013-11-30, 18:46)russg Wrote: Have you considered a client/service model? It just crossed my mind while reading this thread.
You have some functions that can work remotely over the web/json interface but there are parts that must have access to the instance filesystem. If there were a service add-in that could be called through the web/json interface you could possibly just command the service install to do those local operations you need in some functions.

There are likely details that I'm not aware of that may prevent such a configuration. And maybe it is best that some of the evolution of this processing become native to XBMC.

Great stuff and again thank you!

The majority of operations can now be performed entirely remotely. Gotham has added a JSON API for the texture database which means it is no longer necessary to have direct access to the userdata folder when pruning and caching. The only options that still require direct access are those that involve walking the thumbnails folder or checking if a particular thumbnail file exists (r/R, f, X, Xd etc.). If/when JSON Files.GetDirectory() adds support for the contents of the thumbnails folder, all operations will be possible remotely.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2013-12-01, 13:40
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17