[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2014-02-05, 07:50)GoogleRocks! Wrote: ...same error with added parameter: python texturecache.py x "order by usecount desc" 2>%appdata%/xbmc/system/output/null

It looks like you have downloaded the texturecache.cfg file as a web page (if you view the texturecache.cfg file it should be a plan text file, yours is likely to be full of angled brackets).

I'd recommend deleting the texturecache.cfg file as you should only need it if/when you need to change a property - in many cases you should be able to get the script running using just the default settings (assuming you're running the script on the same machine as XBMC).

(2014-02-05, 07:50)GoogleRocks! Wrote: & @crazycanuck's post, I too have hundreds of embedded image url's within the music db as well, fyi.

I'm running Gotham (13 Alpha 12, Nightly) which was upgraded from Frodo 12.3/12.2/12.1 along the way, Python v3.3.3 on a Windows 8.1 64-bit HTPC, a second W8.1 client and several Android handheld devices all sharing the MySql database.

Yeah, it's an "issue" that continues to this day - with a bit of luck it may be possible to eliminate the encoded urls in a future Gotham release, but what you can do with these embedded artwork urls is severely limited as far as the script is concerned - there's no way to pre-load the cache with these items, unfortunately (by default any attempt to cache such an item will be ignored).

I just make sure I have cover.jpg artwork in each album folder, which is another way of eliminating the problem (while also meaning you are able to pre-load the cache with album artwork).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2014-02-05, 08:02
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17