[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2014-03-05, 18:36)MilhouseVH Wrote: qa.nfo.refresh should solve the problem of (a) - you just need to specify a relative (or absolute) date. Absolute dates takes the form "YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS". Relative dates are a positive number eg. 0 (same as "today"), 1 would be yesterday etc.

If you want to re-cache artwork that has been recently updated, then specify "@cache.refresh=today|<relative date>|<absolute date>" when running "C <class>" and only artwork that is more recently modified than the specified date will be re-cached (normally, C without specifying a @cache.refresh property will re-cache everything so don't mis-type this parameter!)

So, work out your relative or absolute date, then run qax followed by C, specifying the relevant @qa.nfo.refresh/@cache.refresh parameter. Some artwork that is (re-)loaded by qax may also be re-cached by C, particularly if it's a new movie or episode, but this is an unavoidable inefficiency.

Thanks for such a quick response. Hmmm - I may have something else going on. As it turns out, I was doing exactly what you suggested for the first part, specifically:

I had intentionally changed an NFO for a specific show (tvshow.NFO file) - removed a genre
Ensured the new NFO file has a datestamp of today's date

Ran the following: texturecache.py qax tvshows @qa.nfo.refresh=1

There was no "feedback" - was returned a few seconds later to a C:\ prompt (so I assume not context errors or typos, etc).

Went back to that show in XBMC, and the genre I removed from the NFO was still present in the show description.

I'll run through this exercise again later and generate some logs to see what I am missing

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by cgrey - 2014-03-05, 20:47
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17