[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2014-04-20, 12:06)Cy4n1d3 Wrote: Might be a simple thing (I think this could be done with mklocal.py?), but: how can I delete the currently cached artwork from the RPi and recache the data from my local sources?
I'm scraping the tv shows and movies on my desktop pc and would like to use the already existing images (already downloaded and inside the directory structures) to populate the RPi texture cache.

Easiest way is to delete Textures13.db and your Thumbnails folder, then restart XBMC - this will leave you with an empty cache which can then be populated by your new artwork. Where the artwork comes from is determined by your media library, if that is pointing at remote artwork then the artwork will be downloaded from the internet, if it's local it will be retrieved locally.

Alternatively running "C tvshows/C movies" will forcibly re-cache all tvshow & movie artwork and achieve more or less the same result.

If you're scraping on a PC with local artwork then I'm assuming you're using MySQL so that the Pi has access to the same library, in which case your Pi should be referencing the same local artwork. If not, that's a configuration issue for you to solve with your current setup. You could use mklocal.py to convert remote artwork to local, or even use mklocal.py to remove just the remote artwork, but since you're scraping on a PC I'm not really sure that's your best option which would be MySQL.

Once you've performed a scrape on the PC and updated the MySQL media library, pre-load the texture cache on the Pi (c tvshows/c movies) which is referencing the same media libary and then both the PC and Pi should be fully up to date with the same artwork.

(2014-04-20, 12:06)Cy4n1d3 Wrote: As far as I'm able to tell, texturecache.py only retrieves files from the internet?
Any way to cache files (= populate RPi media library) by retrieving them from my physical sources instead of downloading them?

No, texturecache,py will cache whatever artwork is referenced by the media library - if the artwork is local or remote, and accessible, it will be cached by XBMC. texturecache.py is just the puppet master, pulling the strings, it's XBMC that is doing all the hard work of accessing the files and caching the images.

(2014-04-20, 12:06)Cy4n1d3 Wrote: PS: the builtin stress-test is a fine thing, I've been able to figure out potentially stable clocks and voltages MUCH faster than before!

Great, that's the idea! Smile
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2014-04-20, 18:45
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17