[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2014-09-13, 15:45)uNiversal Wrote: @millhouse

Even tough this is totally not a script issue, I wanted to make you aware that when triggering any clean actions like vclean, during playback of video, that a dialog for xbmc pops up over the playback. I thought this type of thing was already fixed in current helix kodi and older xbmc versions, so I guess this is some sort of regression.

Thanks, yes although not sure if the progress bar over video is a regression or not, however I certainly know that cleaning offline sources with JSON will result in annoying "Keep/Remove?" prompts which is rather unfortunate as it's quite likely there will be nobody present to answer the prompts. Both issues however are fixed by PR5324 which hasn't yet merged into master.

Once this PR merges - and it's already in my OpenELEC test builds - the default behaviour will be for JSON clean/scans (ie. vclean/vscan) to be totally silent as far as the GUI dialogs and progress bars are concerned.

I intended to add a configuration setting that will allow texturecache.py to enable GUI dialogs/progress during vclean/vscan if that is what the user requires - unfortunately this change is dependent on the JSON API version which has currently been bumped to 6.18.2 but could change again before PR5324 is merged so I'm loath to release the changes to texturecache.py until PR5324 is merged and the API version is locked in...
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2014-09-13, 21:09
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17