[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2015-01-04, 11:54)Mychale Wrote: but how do I update the missing art work and data (plot/plot outline/rating/...) for both movies and tv shows?

For movies, you could use:
Code:
texturecache.py imdb movies @imdb.fields=plot,plotoutline,votes,rating,top250,runtime,country,genre,director,writer,year | texturecache.py set
and this will "freshen up" your movies with current data from imdb.

I don't have a source for TV shows, so you'll have to re-scrape or re-fresh from NFOs.

For any missing artwork you'll need to look at an addon such as Artwork Downloader, or an external media manager.

(2015-01-04, 11:54)Mychale Wrote: I'm now thinking of backing up my data, and starting fresh. I have .nfo files and images saved with the media is separate folders. I recently ran a separate file export before upgrading to Kodi.

Sometimes that's best.

Exporting may be a good idea for metadata (plot etc.), but not so good IMHO for artwork (it will be the sometimes lower quality version from your cache).

For artwork (and even NFOs) I'd always recommend the use of a media manager instead, ie. Ember etc. Or try mklocal.py, as this will store only original artwork in your file system (assuming it is still available) and not the quality-compromised cached version.

(2015-01-04, 11:54)Mychale Wrote: I just want to backup the watched flags and "date added to library" for movies and tv shows, playcount and resume times would be good too. What would be a good way to go about that? Would this script even help with that?

Code:
texturecache.py watched movies backup movies.dat
texturecache.py watched tvshows backup tvshows.dat
will backup your playcount, restore points and watched flags for movies and tvshows, respectively. Replace "backup" with "restore" to restore this information once you've rescanned your library.

"date added to library" is (by default) taken from the modification date of the media file, so there's no need to back that up.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2015-01-04, 14:57
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17