[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2015-08-13, 19:54)calisro Wrote: Got a Q. With the mklocal.py script, can you ask that it overwrites existing files? If we've previously done a backup from xbmc and we want to replace those files, it would be difficult otherwise. What do you think?

It doesn't currently, mainly because it doesn't know if the existing artwork is good/original quality artwork downloaded by a previous run (and which shouldn't be overwritten), or artwork exported from Kodi (that could/should be overwritten).

My advice would be to delete the artwork you want replaced before running mklocal.py, so that new original artwork is downloaded.

(2015-08-13, 19:54)calisro Wrote: Also, the change to texturecache.py worked but that only solves half of the problem. The mklocal.py script will read that input and create images correctly now which is GREAT but the resulting fixup.dat file now has decoded URLs in it. I don't think that is safe to re-import back to xbmc as the URLs stored in xbmc were originally encoded.

Kodi will re-encode the urls before storing them - give it a try on one of your movies, or try it manually at the command line:

Code:
./texturecache py set movie #### art.poster "<url suggested by fixup.dat>"

where #### is the movieid of the movie.

If davs:// urls require addition encode processing then I guess something will need to be done about that (not sure what, exactly).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2015-08-13, 20:06
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17