[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2015-09-26, 02:06)Milhouse Wrote: Yes you need to run them as two separate commands.

If you wanted to reduce the duration of the whole process you could consider processing each client in parallel, eg.:

Code:
(tc1 c movies <moviename> && tc1 exec ...) &
(tc2 c movies <moviename> && tc2 exec ...) &

Although caching specific movies is usually pretty quick, I've no idea how long Artwork Organizer takes to finish.

Knowing when a script like AD or AO has finished can also be a challenge as the JSON exec method isn't synchronous, unfortunately... If you need to wait until an add-on has finished before continuing with another stage of the process then tailing kodi.log is often the only solution and is best run directly on the remote client (using scp/ssh etc.)

Yeah, AD is the only one that is a real concern as far as stacking the commands. That one Kicks back to the prompt after starting, so may be an issue running another right behind it. AO is the last command, so not a big issue there. I'll play with Parallel though, not sure exactly how you did that. I've run two terminal windows at the same time, each caching the entire movie library on a different pi, but never tried parallel in the same window. Thanks for getting me on the right track, i'll check it out.

edit: and unfortunately I have to run AD first, because texture cache has no logo/clearart/disc otherwise.
edit2: ok, I see what you did there. Running each line in the background.

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by QuattroGam3r - 2015-09-26, 02:18
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17