[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2015-11-13, 20:28)marhutchy Wrote: I read the link that you provided, but I have a question: each of my series has it's respective nfo with it's IMDB ID, does Kodi have that stored in my library? If yes, can't the utility jut use the ID?

Kodi has no support for the IMDB id where TV Shows are concerned, only movies, so the IMDB id in your TV Show NFOs would have been ignored (yes I know I still reference the old field name, will change that in due course)

(2015-11-13, 20:28)marhutchy Wrote: My attempt:
Code:
texturecache.py imdb tvshows  | imdb.translate.tvtitles = ^Fate/Stay Night= | imdb.translate.tvyears = ^Baby Steps=2014 | texturecache.py set

The translation examples given in the announcement are examples that would be added to texturecache.cfg.

If however you want to include them on the command line, then prefix with @ and include double-quotes around the values to avoid spaces becoming an issue:

Code:
texturecache.py imdb tvshows @imdb.translate.tvtitles="^Fate/Stay Night=" @imdb.translate.tvyears="^Baby Steps=2014" | texturecache.py set

Adding them to the config file is much easier. Smile

If you don't get the results you expect then enable a logfile (with "@logfile=tc.log") then look at the log file to hopefully understand what is going on or not working.

(2015-11-13, 20:28)marhutchy Wrote: I added these to my config file:
Code:
imdb.fields = votes, rating, top250
imdb.fields.tvshows = votes, rating, top250 (yes, there's a top 250 for TV shows now :))

Although there may now be a Top250 listing available for TV Shows, there is currently no Top250 TV Show support in this script as Kodi itself has no TV Show support for the top250 field (as there is no where in the Kodi database to store the top250 value against each TV Show), in which case trying to collect this information right now is pointless and a waste of time.

Edit: Also note that it's now "imdb.fields.movies" not "imdb.fields" - the name of this field changed with the addition of tvshows support (yes I know the documentation - such as it is - may have implied otherwise but that's mostly corrected now, so you now have two fields to control what is queried/updated: imdb.fields.movies and imdb.fields.tvshows).

(2015-11-13, 20:28)marhutchy Wrote: Also, the code that you provided, will I have to have 2 batch files, one that I run after the other is finished?
Or can I put both in the same batch file?

You can put them both in the same batch file, they'll run sequentially. Please try not to run the imdb part of the script more than once a day for each of movies and tvshows to avoid spamming omdbapi.com - the data doesn't update any more often than that.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2015-11-14, 02:44
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17