[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
Quote:
(2015-11-18, 14:33)Nepomuk Wrote: Where I can enable the separate options for extrafanart/extrathumbs/videoextras artwork in kodi?
You need to install a third-party skin that supports Extrafanart/Extrathumbs. VideoExtras is an addon, and probably only works if the skin supports it. I've never used any of these features/add-ons personally - I suggest you read the Kodi Wiki, look elsewhere on the forum where this sort of thing is discussed, and/or contact the skin/add-on authors for support.
I had never used this in the paste too but maybe in the future, so I had scraped this arts when every movie I had scraped.

Quote:
(2015-11-18, 14:33)Nepomuk Wrote: Are this your recommend commands AND in that order to hold Thumbnails-folder and local texture13.db clean and up to date:
With only this texturecache.cfg:
Code:
cache.ignore.types=+^http
cache.extrafanart = yes
cache.extrathumbs = yes
cache.videoextras = yes
cache.castthumb = yes
Code:
@echo off
texturecache.py P
texturecache.py R
texturecache.py Xd
texturecache.py c movies
texturecache.py c sets
texturecache.py c tvshows
texturecache.py imdb movies | c:\texturecache.py set   <-- maybe only who want this
texturecache.py imdb tvshows | c:\texturecache.py set  <-- maybe only who want this

I changed the order of the commands slightly - it would make more sense to run the "consistency check" (P, R, Xd) commands first, followed by the caching ("c") commands, then the imdb updates.

You may need to add the c:\ path to every call to texturecache.py, but this all depends on how you've installed it, and where.
I have customized my files now.
Here texturecache.cfg
Code:
########################################
#### GLOBAL USE ##############
#
thumbnails = \\192.168.2.210\srv-kodi/kodi_userdata\Thumbnails\
webserver.username = myusername
webserver.password = mypassword
# [qa] Perform QA check on media library items, identifying missing properties (eg. plot, mpaa certificate, artwork etc.).
# Default QA period is previous 30 days, configurable with qaperiod.
qaperiod = 9999
# Cast thumbnails will not be cached by default, so specify cache.castthumb = yes if you require cast artwork to be re-cached, or considered when pruning.
cache.castthumb = yes
# Ignore specific URLs when pre-loading the cache (c/C/nc options), by specifying comma delimited regex patterns for the cache.ignore.types property. Default values are ^video and ^music (not that these patterns are applied after the image:// prefix has been removed from the url). Set to none (no argument) to process all URLs. Any URL that matches one of the ignore types will not be considered for re-caching (and will be counted as "ignored").
# kein WAN download, nur local
cache.ignore.types = +^http
# Extrafanart will not be cached by default or considered when pruning. Specify cache.extra = yes to cache/prune both extrafanart and extrathumbs, or cache.extrafanart = yes or cache.extrathumbs = yes to enable just extrafanart or just extrathumbs.
cache.extrafanart = yes
cache.extrathumbs = yes
cache.videoextras = yes

section = master

#### CLIENTS ##############
# e.g.
# then "texturecache.py @section=bedroom c" will re-cache all artwork for client bedroom
#
[master]
kodi.host = localhost
userdata = C:\Users\nepomuk\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata
download.threads = 10
# Specify a filename for the logfile property, to log detailed processing information. Prefix the filename with + to force flushing.
lastrunfile=C:\Users\nepomuk\Eigene Programme\Kodi_texturecache\master_lrf.dat
# Specify a filename for the logfile property, to log detailed processing information. Prefix the filename with + to force flushing.
logfile = C:\Users\nepomuk\Eigene Programme\Kodi_texturecache\master_log.txt

[livingroom]
kodi.host = 192.168.2.80
userdata = C:\Users\xbmc\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata
download.threads = 10
lastrunfile=C:\Users\nepomuk\Eigene Programme\Kodi_texturecache\livingroom_lrf.dat
logfile = C:\Users\nepomuk\Eigene Programme\Kodi_texturecache\livingroom_log.txt

[kid1]
kodi.host = 192.168.1.71
userdata = C:\Users\kid1\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata
download.threads = 6
lastrunfile=C:\Users\nepomuk\Eigene Programme\Kodi_texturecache\kid1_lrf.dat
logfile = C:\Users\nepomuk\Eigene Programme\Kodi_texturecache\kid1_log.txt

[kid2]
kodi.host = 192.168.1.72
userdata = C:\Users\kid2\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata
download.threads = 6
lastrunfile=C:\Users\nepomuk\Eigene Programme\Kodi_texturecache\kid2_lrf.dat
logfile = C:\Users\nepomuk\Eigene Programme\Kodi_texturecache\kid2_log.txt

I found "allow.recacheall = " in this thread here but sorry I can't remember for what it is. Can you explane it for me again please?

And here the batch-file for master:
Code:
@echo off
texturecache.py P
texturecache.py R
texturecache.py Xd
texturecache.py c movies
texturecache.py c sets
texturecache.py c tvshows
and here for livingroom:
Code:
@echo off
texturecache.py @section=livingroom P
texturecache.py @section=livingroom R
texturecache.py @section=livingroom c movies
texturecache.py @section=livingroom c sets
texturecache.py @section=livingroom c tvshows

Quote:I'm assuming you're running the script on the Kodi client, as "texturecache.py Xd" will only work if it has direct access to the Thumbnails folder - all the other commands you've listed should work remotely across the network, if you add "kodi.host=<ip_address>" where <ip_address> is the ip address of the Kodi client you wish to update.
That's a little problem for me because the Thumbnails folder is on a separate server with is Solarix running and nothing else.
I have to run "texturecache.py Xd" on my PC in my home office. This PC have a data rights and connected by a 1G Lan network. Is that nevertheless OK?

Quote:
(2015-11-18, 14:33)Nepomuk Wrote: What is with the "qa" or "qax" command - I don't use it or it's better to insert in the bath file and when so in which order?

The qa/qax options will run quality checks on your media library, looking for movies with missing artwork, missing plots etc. - qa will report problems, qax will report problems and, depending on your configuration, remove and reload movies/episodes. For instance with qax, movies/episodes that are missing metadata can be refreshed (remove/re-scan) in the hope the missing metadata will be loaded (either by scraping new information from the internet, or by loading an updated nfo). Movies or episodes that are missing artwork can be reloaded once the artwork is found locally.

I use qax on my tvshows to flag up any episodes with missing plots, and to reload new episodes that are missing thumbs - quite often the thumb won't be downloaded until a day or so after the episode, and a daily qax will automatically refresh the episode once the thumb is available.

The default qa/qax settings will identify empty/missing plots, missing standard (poster/fanart/thumb) artwork. One thing to be aware of is that by default it only checks movies/episodes added in the previous 30 days, so you might want to set qaperiod=9999 in order to check your entire library.

Use the following commands to refresh movies/episodes with missing information:
Code:
c:\texturecache.py qax movies
c:\texturecache.py qax tvshows
It probably doesn't matter much where you add it in your batch, but before the caching ("c") commands probably makes the most sense so that any removed/rescraped media item can be re-cached if necessary.

To flag up movies and tvshows with missing clearart and clearlogo artwork (in addition to fanart, poster, and thumb), use the following:
Code:
c:\texturecache.py qax movies @qa.art.movies="+clearart,clearlogo"
c:\texturecache.py qax tvshows  @qa.art.tvshows.tvshow="+clearart,clearlogo"
If/when the missing artwork is found locally, the movie or episode will be automatically refreshed.

If you wanted to be warned about missing (blank) streamdetails or movie studios (in addition to plot and mpaa):
Code:
c:\texturecache.py qa movies @qa.blank.movies="+streamdetails,studio"

Example output:
Code:
./texturecache.py qa tvshows @qa.blank.tvshows.episode="+streamdetails" @qa.art.tvshows.tvshow="+clearlogo,?clearart"
TVShow   [Connections                                       ]: WARN (missing clearart)
TVShow   [Dalziel and Pascoe                                ]: WARN (missing clearart)
Episode  [Doctor Who (2005), Season 9 Episode 9x08          ]: FAIL (missing plot)
TVShow   [Dynamo: Magician Impossible                       ]: WARN (missing clearart)
TVShow   [Frank Herbert's Children of Dune                  ]: WARN (missing clearart)
TVShow   [Frank Herbert's Dune                              ]: WARN (missing clearart)
TVShow   [Great Expectations (2011)                         ]: WARN (missing clearart)
TVShow   [Halt and Catch Fire                               ]: WARN (missing clearart)
TVShow   [Hamish Macbeth                                    ]: WARN (missing clearart; missing clearlogo)
TVShow   [Outnumbered                                       ]: WARN (missing clearart)
Episode  [Saving Hope, Season 4 Episode 4x07                ]: WARN (URL thumb ^video, local not found)
Episode  [Saving Hope, Season 4 Episode 4x08                ]: FAIL (missing plot), WARN (missing thumb, local not found)
TVShow   [The Second Coming                                 ]: WARN (missing clearart)
TVShow   [Treasure Island (2012)                            ]: WARN (missing clearart)
"FAIL" means the item has failed QA and would have been be reloaded/refreshed had the qax command been used.

The "?" preceding clearart indicates that even if this artwork type is missing, it's not a fail, just a warning (and so wouldn't trigger a refresh when using qax).

After updating the NFO for Doctor Who, Season 9 Episode 8 with the missing plot details...
Code:
./texturecache.py qax tvshows "doctor who"
Episode  [Doctor Who (2005), Season 9 Episode 9x08          ]: FAIL (missing plot)
Rescanning directory: nfs://192.168.0.3/mnt/share/media/Video/TVShows/Doctor Who (2005)/Season 9...
Updating Library: New episodeid 13844 [Doctor Who (2005) S09E08 (The Zygon Inversion (2))]

Anyway, hope you get the idea.
Hope I understand QA right. This is a tool where I can verify the kodi media library off missing informations and arts IN the kodi media library. And when missing this things I can add it by using "qax". And the best it's when I use this commands seperately to my main-batch-file or can I integrate this two commands at then end of the bat-file?
Thats looks great but I think I will use that in a second step in the future because I have to be more handsome with your script first by holding my datas consistent.

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Nepomuk - 2015-11-18, 18:13
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17