[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
Hi Milhouse,
Thanks so much for this script -- it's been essential in keeping Kodi small on my limited-storage FireTV v1. I do have one problem I hope you can help with however.

I mistakenly did a "texturecache.py c movies", which pre-cached a bunch of artwork my skins normally don't use, and used up hundreds MB of storage. Bascically lots of clearart, logos, banners, etc.

After searching the docs, I tried the following to remove the unnecesarily cached artwork.

First setting the require artwork in texturecache.cfg:
Code:
cache.artwork = poster, fanart, landscape, thumb, tvshow.poster, tvshow.fanart, tvshow.landscape, season.poster

Then running "texturecache.py C movies" in hopes it removes non-required artwork (i.e. not in cache.artwork).

Unfortunately this doesn't work, and the non-required artwork seems to be ignored for both removal and caching. What do you think is the best way of doing what I need?

As an aside, I've seen the "nc" function, which shows required artwork that is not cached. I wonder if we could have a converse function like "oc" (e.g. over-cached), which shows non-required artwork that is cached. Or perhaps even a sort of modified "C" function that doesn't ignore some artwork removal?

Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by guido1138 - 2016-02-05, 01:26
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17