[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2016-02-05, 11:25)Milhouse Wrote: Perhaps if the cache.artwork property is set, eg.:
Code:
cache.artwork = poster, fanart, landscape, thumb, season.poster

then logically, while pruning, any artwork type that wouldn't otherwise be cached by c/C (because it's not in the cache.artwork list) should be removed during the prune - eg. clearart, logo, banner would all be pruned as they're not being cached by c/C, but poster, fanart, landscape, thumb and season.poster would be retained while pruning as they are being cached by c/C.

That would work. It definitely makes more sense to extend the pruning functions ("p/P") instead of modifying a caching function ("nc/oc") as I suggested earlier. But rather than conflating caching and pruning by overloading the cache.artwork property, I think I prefer your previous idea of having a prune-specific property, like:
Code:
prune.artwork.delete = clearart, clearlogo, discart, banner

This has the advantage of being clearer for users by explicitly specifying what to delete instead of "inferring the inverse set" from a cache.artwork property.

But honestly, I'd be happy to have the functionality regardless of how the parameters are set. So thanks for giving this some consideration.

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by guido1138 - 2016-02-06, 01:21
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17