[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
Hi Milhouse

(2016-02-19, 16:48)Milhouse Wrote: I'm pretty sure you can eliminate the VIDEO_TS folder entirely so that all files are in the "Defendor (2009)" folder. This would resolve the issue with mklocal.py. You'll need to remove, clean and rescrape your VIDEO_TS movies. Try one and see how it goes before doing the rest.

CONFIRMED - tried one as you stated, and it works fine.

(2016-02-19, 16:48)Milhouse Wrote: Nah not really. I just try to avoid remote artwork as much as possible so I run mklocal.py on a regular basis to ensure that any remote artwork (I use Artwork Downloader after scraping new movies to find logos and clearart for older movies) is converted to local artwork.

So, does this mean you have a copy of all artwork in your media folders ?

If I get your workflow right, it goes something like this:

1) new movie comes in and is scraped with Universal Media Scraper
2) run Artwork Downloader to gather any non-standard art to be found (this only writes the remote URLs to the database, since you prevent AD from saving to local media folders)
3) run the Three Amigos to: download those remote URL links to local media folders (both std and non-std artwork), naming them with Movie-Name-prefix and then load the texturecache with ALL the just-downloaded artwork PLUS any local artwork saved in the media folders by hand

Rinse and Repeat as new movies come in.

Any comment on using MediaElch to administer the Library ? Benefts or Pitfalls ? One thing I'd like to do is create some custom genre tags, to better classify movies as I see them Blush Y'know, Ed Wood films, Dondi, The Creeping Terror, Eagah! - they're all Movies: BAD as far as we're concerned around here Wink

Thanks again for help and advice.
::  LibreELEC 9.2.6 RELEASE - Generic x86_64  ::  Intel 847 NUC  ::  KVR1333D3S9/4G  ::  Kingston SMS200S3/30G mSATA  ::  MS 1044 MCE keyboard  ::  GP-IR02BK remote  ::  Xonfluence  ::  10.9TiB on FreeNAS v11.3-U5 (RAID-Z2)  ::

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by gjwAudio - 2016-02-20, 07:54
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17