[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2016-03-09, 12:18)gjwAudio Wrote: Are there any steps you'd suggest before I nuke Thumbnails, Textures and MyVideos (aside from saving copies to an offline location, just-in-case) ?

I guess the usual suggestion might be to export your existing library but that might make matters worse (not to mention using cached artwork). The main thing is to ensure you have your artwork present and named correctly when scanning, so make sure that's done first. Going forward you shouldn't really need to change your artwork, other than with the addition of new artwork using various tools (AD, mklocal.py etc.). Removing or renaming artwork should not be required, and if any tool is doing that you need to understand why.

(2016-03-09, 12:18)gjwAudio Wrote: Is this where I dump AD, and rely on Artwork Beef alone ?

I use AD, but only for movies and only for specific artwork items (clearart and clearlogo), and never let it write into my file system.

(2016-03-09, 12:18)gjwAudio Wrote: Is my real friend going to be a Kodi-friendly media manager ?

I use Ember for movies (quite an old version, 1.3.0.20 - haven't felt the need to upgrade), and SickRage for TV shows, and haven't had any problems.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2016-03-09, 19:14
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17