[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
Thanks for the clarifications.

(2016-12-12, 22:43)Milhouse Wrote: Can you provide metadata details of a movie (ie. "jd movies <moviename>") before running "texturecache.py qax", and the metadata after qax, and also the directory contents for the movie? A debug-log from kodi showing the movie scan would also be helpful.

Right, so I rescanned with the Stupid Movie Scraper, and then

Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi (Video)\portable_data\userdata>texturecache.py jd mo
vies Amour

[
  {
    "art": {
      "poster": "image://M:\\Media\\Video\\Single\\Amour\\poster.jpg/"
    },
    "file": "M:\\Media\\Video\\Single\\Amour\\Amour.mkv",
    "label": "Amour",
    "movieid": 872,
    "title": "Amour"
  }
]

This folder is "M:\Media\Video\Single\Amour". The contents are "Amour.mkv", "Amour.nfo", and "poster.jpg". The poster is being displayed.

Then

Code:
texturecache.py qax movies @qaperiod=-1 @qa.nfo.refresh=30

This outputs a list that begins with lines like:

Code:
t; modified nfo; missing mpaa), WARN (missing fanart, local not found; missing p
oster, local not found)
Movie    [La Historia Oficial                               ]: FAIL (missing plo
t; modified nfo; missing mpaa), WARN (missing fanart, local not found)
Movie    [La Pianiste                                       ]: FAIL (missing plo
t; missing poster, local is available; modified nfo; missing mpaa), WARN (missin
g fanart, local not found)

"La Historia Oficial" is a foldered movie (the ones that do have the poster displaying after the script). Note that it makes no mention of the poster.
"La Pianiste" doesn't have a poster after this refresh (it has it before, it's a "poster.jpg", as always).

And then ends with

Code:
Updating library: New movieid     977 [A Collection]
Rescanning directory: M:\Media\Video\Single\Accattone...
Updating library: New movieid     978 [Accattone]
Rescanning directory: M:\Media\Video\Single\Aguirre, der Zorn Gottes...
Updating library: New movieid     979 [Aguirre, der Zorn Gottes]
Rescanning directory: M:\Media\Video\Single\Amargos...
Updating library: New movieid     980 [Amargos]
Rescanning directory: M:\Media\Video\Single\Amour...
Updating library: New movieid     981 [Amour]

Now, everything has the thumbnail as the poster, except for the foldered movies.

Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi (Video)\portable_data\userdata>texturecache.py jd mo
vies Amour
[
  {
    "art": {
      "thumb": "image://video@M:\\Media\\Video\\Single\\Amour\\Amour.mkv/"
    },
    "file": "M:\\Media\\Video\\Single\\Amour\\Amour.mkv",
    "label": "Amour",
    "movieid": 1148,
    "title": "Amour"
  }
]

Here's kodi.log. Note that I had to run the script twice so I could copy the first type of line (they disappear after completion because of so many Updating lines in the end)

This is the entire content of the Stupid Movie Scraper, by the way:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<scraper name="Stupid Movie Database" content="movies" thumb="icon.png" framework="1.1" language="en">
    <CreateSearchUrl dest="3" clearbuffers="no">
        <RegExp dest="3" output="&lt;url&gt;http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=$$7&lt;/url&gt;" input="$$7">
            <RegExp dest="7" output="\1" input="$$1">
                <expression noclean="1" trim="1">(.+)</expression>
            </RegExp>
            <expression noclean="1"></expression>
        </RegExp>
    </CreateSearchUrl>
    <GetSearchResults dest="8" clearbuffers="no">
        <RegExp dest="8" output="&lt;results sorted=&quot;yes&quot;&gt;\1&lt;/results&gt;" input="$$5">
            <RegExp dest="5" output="&lt;entity&gt;&lt;title&gt;\1&lt;/title&gt;&lt;url&gt;http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=$$7&lt;/url&gt;&lt;/entity&gt;" input="$$1">
                <expression noclean="1" trim="1">&lt;title&gt;([^"]*)\-\sYahoo Search</expression>
            </RegExp>
            <expression noclean="1"></expression>
        </RegExp>
    </GetSearchResults>
    <GetDetails dest="3" clearbuffers="no">
        <RegExp dest="3" output="&lt;details&gt;\1&lt;/details&gt;" input="$$5">
            <RegExp dest="5+" output="&lt;title&gt;\1&lt;/title&gt;" input="$$1">
                <expression noclean="1" trim="1">&lt;title&gt;(.+)\s\-\sYahoo Search Results&lt;/title&gt;</expression>
            </RegExp>
            <expression noclean="1" trim="1"></expression>
        </RegExp>
    </GetDetails>
</scraper>

I have no idea why it references Yahoo Search, since it all runs offline without a need for an Internet connection. I know that the scraper is modified from a version that the creator used for music videos, so presumably he had this Yahoo Search function and didn't bother to remove it.

I can do it again with Kodi's default .nfo scraper in case you want to rule the scraper out.

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by firewater - 2016-12-13, 19:38
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17