[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2019-04-07, 23:24)Milhouse Wrote:
(2019-04-07, 10:20)mindnever Wrote: Is there something I can do for the missing cast thumbnails ?

No. Unfortunately Kodi is not always able to download remote artwork. The artwork may have been removed (in which case you need a new remote url), or the remote web site hosting the artwork may not allow mass scraping, so keep trying and it might work a bit later.

Rate limiting, ideally in Kodi as it's Kodi that performs the actual download from the remote site, or in the texturecache.py script might help - you could try downloading cast artwork using only a single download thread in texturecache.py with @Download.threads=1 (edit: that's download with a lowercase d - thank forum) and see if that helps. Or try @singlethread.urls=ia.media-imdb.com which limits the sequential download to the specified (comma-delimited) domains.

Not sure if Universal Movie Scraper actually downloads the artwork - it may just associate the movie with the actor url, then the artwork is downloaded the first time you view that actor thumbnail in the GUI (at a time when the remote site is allowing the reduced number of requests from Kodi). 
I will try the download.threads=1 option.
Although I did try to cache/download cast for a single movie (6-7 actors missing), without success...

Thanks again Milhouse, I really appreciate your work...

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by mindnever - 2019-04-08, 10:09
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17