[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2020-06-02, 09:17)Raytestrak Wrote: Still, performance wise it would be cool to be able to prune only a certain source. Say you delete a tvshow, instead of pruning everything, you could just prune tvshows. Don't know if that's possible at all (and I would understand it would be too much trouble to implement, just because some random guy on the internet has an OCD Rofl)

I'm pretty sure that isn't really possible. As I previously explained the prune process has to match all cached artwork with a source, so if you exclude sources then you have a lot of unmatched artwork (which are then removed). The Texture Cache has no information about the cached artwork item other than the cached filename in the Thumbnails folder, and this filename is based on a one-way hash of the original media library filename so it's not actually possible to look at the Texture Cache files in isolation and know where the artwork has come from. Most will be from your sources, and some (that have no matching source) will be accumulated dross that is wasting space, so if you exclude a source then the artwork from that source becomes "dross wasting space". For this reason, you *have* to take into consideration all the media library sources that create cached artwork, and generate the cached filename hash for every media library artwork item in those sources so that you can match the generated hashes against the Texture Cache entries and exclude those that match so that you only remove the remainder. If you exclude a source (that has created cached artwork) then the prune process will want to remove that cached artwork.

My advice would be to schedule the prune option overnight. Smile
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2020-06-02, 16:51
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17