[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2020-06-19, 09:22)Milhouse Wrote: Googling for the error "Requested Python version () is not installed" returns posts that suggest Python has not been installed correctly so I would suggest removing then reinstalling Python38. I'm pretty certain this is not a script issue but that something is wrong with your Python installation, perhaps you installed it as one user and are now trying to run it as a different user? Maybe try (re)installing Python38 so that it's available for all users (there's a checkbox for this option during the installation)? Also make sure you're installing the correct 32/64 bit version.
Ok, adding the .exe to the end returned the same error messages.  So as you suggested I removed and reinstalled python38 and made sure it was set to install for all users, I have only been using this user profile, but had to install it as Admin, So I did as requested and made sure all users was checked.  This changed the installation folder to: C:\Program Files\Python38, and I checked the environment variables and it was added there as well during the install.

Running:
C:\>python.exe
'python.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

And
C:\>python.exe C:\TextureCache\texturecache.py
'python.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

As you can see returns the same error messages, So I tried the following:

C:\>cd program files
C:\Program Files>cd python38

C:\Program Files\Python38>python.exe C:\TextureCache\texturecache.py
Version: 2.5.4

Usage: texturecache.py [s, S] <string> |
                       [x, X, f, F] [sql-filter] |
etc...

I got the test parameters list!  It's weird that I cannot run python from the C:> directly and have to be in that folder, but I'll take it for now and figure out that issue later.

Thank you immensely for your patience and help with this issue even thought python install errors are not what this forum is about.
Now on to running this script again to clean up my database textures and backup my watched info.  I'm sure I'll have more questions for you soon.

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Mychale - 2020-06-19, 10:11
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17