Solved Loss of HDMI when TV is powered off
Hello all, having a problem that I know others posted about here, but I can't find the thread.

Problem:
I want to leave my HTPC and XBMC running 24/7 and power down my TV everyday. After powering down, leaving the TV off overnight and normally while at work the following day, I power on the TV, XBMC is still running but has been shrunk down to small box of about 800x600. It is not a window, there is no windows border. It functions but I can't get it to return to full screen without shutting XBMC down and restarting. I assume this has something to do with the loss of connection between the HTPC and it's monitor. It is an HDMI connection between the two. I have left the TV on overnight (waking up on the couch the next morning) to find the screen saver running on XBMC and it's still full screen. So again, I am assuming it has something to do with the monitor/TV being powered down and XBMC or the AMD drivers are doing something to try and compensate for the unknown resolution and lack of connection.

I want to say the thread I kind of followed a year ago had a script that would prevent this from happening. Can anyone point me to that thread or give me a method to prevent this from happening. I just started using WatchDog and it was awesome to return home yesterday and all the new files I had dropped onto the server showed up in the library without an update. But It was a bit of a downer to have to restart XBMC to use it full screen.

Thanks!!

Messages In This Thread
Loss of HDMI when TV is powered off - by Diggs - 2013-03-05, 23:18
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Loss of HDMI when TV is powered off2