Music disappeared from library and can't rescan!
I recently moved my xbmc database to MySQL, following the guide on the XBMC wiki. I exported my music library to split files, then removed the sources and once I'd configured my advancedsettings.xml to use mysql as a backend, I rescanned, using a SMB share. XBMC picked up the info from the .nfo files that were stored there from the db export. Fine.

Then I deleted these nfo files, since the data was already in my MySQL db and they were dirtying my music collection. Sometime thereafter, I did a "Clean Audio Library" and my entire music library disappeared. I could still access my music through "Music > Files", but nothing was indexed by Artist / Album / etc. Funnily enough, all of the data was still there in the mymusic32 database in mysql.

I tried removing the source and re-adding it a number of times and a number of ways until I just gave up and dropped the mymusic32 database, restarted xbmc and started scanning my music database again. From a mysql console I could monitor data being added to the mymusic32 database - the "song" table was filling up.

However, nothing was showing up in the xbmc music library. I decided to do a test - add a music source for a small music directory, complete a full scan, and see if the library is populated. The scan completed successfully, but still, NOTHING. The library is empty; all I see on the main screen is this:

What can I do to rescan my music and regenerate a library?

How the hell did this happen in the first place?!

Messages In This Thread
Music disappeared from library and can't rescan! - by ventolin - 2013-03-09, 02:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music disappeared from library and can't rescan!0