Frodo Audio Problems....More of them !
FIXED !! And humble pie to Dev's !

Well it seems the audio drop out was an issue with Vista and not XBMC.....sorry

I reinstalled Vista (from my OEM Disk) and tried audio tracks which all played fine, not a single drop out. Then ran Windows update which drew down 114 updates of which there was Sp1 and SP2 and I installed them all fine.

Tested same mp3 audio track as per 1st test and drop outs had returned. Installed 12.1 then 11 then 10 XBMC and still same symptoms.

So I reinstalled Vista again and manually downloaded SP1 only (see below). I re-tested the same mp3 and no drop outs, then 12.1 and all is well. It must be something with either SP2 or one of the other updates that was causing the audio drop outs. I don't have the time or inclination to work out which it was and why...I'm up and running again.

What I noticed with this 12.1 install was that the audio properties had automatically detected and selected (in both entries) SPDIF as my audio where as previously I had to select SPDIF as my options. I tried to change these to WASPI and there was a constant audio stutter until I deselected - not a big issue to me.

Selecting SPDIF as the 1st entry on the screen didn't work so I selected analogue and all is fine.

I am not a purist I merely use XBMC as a system for the family to use (including kids .... a 3 year old as the youngest user) so if DTS isn't always working for the odd film it's no big deal as long as there is audio and video it's fine. I say this to avoid any audiophile comments about this set up - it does what we need so it works for us. Same for only using SP1, the machine is a family media center and that only, in fact I am the only one ever to use this to go online so the only other use is a media center so it works for me.

12.1 is fantastic, really enjoying playing with it to get my ultimate set up.

Off topic but once I achieve this I would lile to back up my XBMC settings, is there an easy yet good way of doing this?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Frodo Audio Problems....More of them ! - by dirtboy - 2013-04-01, 23:35
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo Audio Problems....More of them !0