Solved Streacom IR & Remote - Easy custom setup that works with XBMC
You are right, I checked with Streacom about the different versions and it seems that there are even more than 2, but only 1 of those is not compatible (with a single 8 pin connector), all the rest can share the same firmware. Anyway, I will have a go programming myself, thanks!

See email below:

Re: Different versions of the IRRC
There are a number of revisions that have been released over the years, but they all use the same IC, just have slightly different PCB layout. Other than layout and appearance, they are the identical and can use the same firmware.

These was however one version of the IRRC (produced on 2010) which is not compatible with the firmware tools but is easily distinguishable because all the cables connect to the IRRC PCB using a single white 8 pin connector (not the normal motherboard header pins, 4 for USB and 4 for power switch). The firmware for this version is not compatible with all the others.

Streacom Support Team
www.streacom.com

On 25/06/2013 10:14, Mail wrote:
Dear support,

Can you confirm if there is more than one version of the IRRC module and if there would be any issues in programming the incorrect bin file to these different versions?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Streacom IR & Remote - Easy custom setup that works with XBMC - by shimsim - 2013-06-25, 07:12
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Streacom IR & Remote - Easy custom setup that works with XBMC1