iOS7 Beta 1 breaks airplay support in Frodo
With the fear of being pummeled down by Memphiz, I'll ask this question here, as it may be related (I don't know as I don't have iOS7, so couldn't tell you).

AirVideo App which is I would guess fairly popular, as it did on-the-fly transcoding before Plex et. al. (sigh, I might get a double beating for this now Wink ), just released a new version; I haven't upgraded to this as yet, but one thing I read is as follows ( http://forums.inmethod.com/topic/99-airp...-apple-tv/ ):

Quote:Air Video HD needs the receiver to support HTTP Live Streaming version 5. I don't believe any of the software that you have mentioned supports that.

The person asking the question stated that he'd tested against "Reflector, AirServer, XBMC and Boxee"; Where XBMC is the the client against a non-Apple coded piece of software... Not quite sure if the tester was on iOS7 or earlier.

My question basically is two fold, not knowing anything about "version 5" of HTTP Live Streaming:
1) Could this be the issue?
2) Does anyone know how hard or easy it would be to 'build-up' to version 5?
3) Does v5 break compatibility with the version in XBMC (I assume not, but you know what they say about those who ASS-ume).

Again, just posting/posing this tidbit and backing out of this thread... Wink

PS. Is it coded yet? Wink

Messages In This Thread
RE: iOS7 Beta 1 breaks airplay support in Frodo - by edrikk - 2013-09-18, 19:50
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iOS7 Beta 1 breaks airplay support in Frodo2