audio passthrough not working with Nvidia Nforce4
Hey,

I've been trying to get audio passthrough to work correctly, but am almost at a dead end. I can play analog audio fine, and I can play AC3/DTS/AAC as analog video fine as well.

However, as soon as I try to change to optical/coaxial for digital output, I get no sound for movie/video playback. Note that in many of my attempts at different config variations, I would get audio from the menus as they changed, but nothing from the video playback.

Also, I've empirically tested that it does work, with mplayer. I can play AC3/DTS and AAC -> AC3 out, with mplayer on this hardware, on this install, no problem. I get AC3 or DTS lighting up on my amp when playing AC3/DTS/AAC->AC3, and the you hear the difference. And, as background, I'm running coaxial digitally directly to the amp -- no HDMI for audio.

So, since mplayer works 100%, we're clearly looking at something with XBMC.

I've tried a few things, such as manually trying to modify options in advancedsettings.cfg, but no joy there.

Oh, and lastly, I tried with Debian Wheezy, and the version it has, as well as the version (current) from deb-multimedia.org, and as a last attempt I downloaded the live ISO and give it a whirl.

The live ISO reacted like all versions of Debian, no joy for video audio AC3 passthrough...

Is there something I'm missing? I've been googling and searching for quite a while now...

Note: to make it easier, I'd suggest focusing on the fact that the ISO did not work for me. It's a static environment....

Messages In This Thread
audio passthrough not working with Nvidia Nforce4 - by bbarnett - 2013-07-07, 17:58
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
audio passthrough not working with Nvidia Nforce41