Master lock for add-ons
I can't remember if this has been brought up before, either in the Team forum somewhere or on Trac. It's technically not a bug, but just something that tends to catch users by surprise. Not a lot of people use the master lock, so this is easily missed. Basically this: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1474859

Users turn on master lock (wiki) and lock "scripts and programs", which locks all add-ons. The expected behavior is to lock users out of add-ons like video add-ons that are accessed through the GUI. However, service and program add-ons that are used by skins will trigger the lock and prompt for a password.

I don't know if certain types of add-ons can be excluded from that switch or not, or if it requires something that is basically a feature addition. I imagine in a perfect world the master lock would break down add-ons into specific options, such as "enable video add-ons", or simply hide add-on screens from the GUI.

At the very least, I guess we should rename the master lock option to "add-ons" from "programs and scripts", which would make it easier for users to figure out what the problem might be, and also to reflect that we now call them add-ons.

Messages In This Thread
Master lock for add-ons - by Ned Scott - 2013-08-01, 11:05
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Master lock for add-ons0