Linux Linux now has a completely working libaacs and libbdplus option.
With the latest release of makemkv it now emulates libaacs and libbdplus for transparent background decryption for any libbluray based app. I can't believe they hid this info in the forums and didn't include it in the changelog.

I have just tested it with a couple of my Blu-rays including one with bd+ and one with the newest aacs v42 version they both worked great under mplayer.

When I get time I will test it on my XBMC system but it will take a little work because you have to uninstall libaacs0 which is a xbmc dependancy

One other note I had to uninstall my git version of libbluray and use the version that came from Ubuntu's repo since the git version caused video corruption.

Makemkv's instructions to set this up
http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7009

Maybe some can make BXMC detect libmmbd.so.0 and prefer its use if available to save people from working around apt trying to uninstall xbmc if removing libaacs0

I would prefer a open source solution but until they get better I will use this option.

Messages In This Thread
Linux now has a completely working libaacs and libbdplus option. - by shadow - 2013-09-14, 14:41
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Linux now has a completely working libaacs and libbdplus option.1