Solved Updating Movies sources takes *forever*
I just finished another round of testing, the times between the Windows machine and the Apple one seem about the same. For some reason the total update time (without adding any new content) is down to around 12 minutes on both. Not sure what changed, and 12 minutes isn't really that bad but I think, at least in my personal case, it could be faster.

The total time taken to scan my two sources without counting the "MediaInfo and cleanup" phase is only about 5.5 minutes, meaning it takes another 6.5 minutes on the MediaInfo phase. Looking at the log from the scan, on my 'big' source it only handles 15 files, with times ranging from 1 second to 1 minute and 20 seconds. It's strange because I know these same files have been scanned before and some of them have even been made by TMM itself (some fanart images). The weirder thing is it looks like most of the longest scans take place on subtitle .srt files. The 1 minute and 20 second scan was on the 145 Kb subtitle file for The Dark Knight Rises. The file itself is fine, I can read it perfectly with a text editor, and TMM picks it up as the associated subtitle file for that movie just fine. But 1m20s to scan a 145 Kb file tells me something is busted. What exactly is busted I don't know yet, but it seems like if I could clear up the MediaInfo scanning delays then TMM would be running nice and quick for me.

UPDATE:

I just did a quick re-scan of my 'small' movie share and looked at the logs again. TMM is updating the MediaInfo for the exact 3 same files, even though I just updated them through a full scan. I didn't even shut down TMM inbetween scans. Not sure why, but it seems to either forget that it scanned those files previously or thinks for some reason they are different every time. One of the files is an .srt that has been there before I started using TMM, but the other two that get scanned are image files that were made previously by TMM itself.
Client: XBMCuntu Frodo - ASRock ION 330 Pro - Logitech Harmony One
Server: 4U NORCO RPC-4220 20-drive case - UnRAID 5.0 - 38 TB parity-protected storage

Messages In This Thread
RE: - by myron - 2013-10-12, 18:00
RE: - by IceNine - 2013-10-12, 18:33
RE: - by mlaggner - 2013-10-12, 20:42
RE: - by IceNine - 2013-10-13, 03:01
RE: - by mlaggner - 2013-10-13, 09:25
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Updating Movies sources takes *forever*0