[Announcement] - Changes in Subtitle Addons structure
Hello,

As of Gotham, hopefully by end of November merge window, there will be some major changes in how subtitle addons will work in XBMC.

after over a year of thinking and playing with different options( this was aimed at Frodo release originally), we have settled for adding a new window in XBMC skin/core that will be called from OSD subtitle button, right now OSD subtitle button calls selected subtitle addon.

its a new feature and in needs to go in now and we can polish it in the next few weeks/months/years Smile

JM has done a load of work on it to help and PR is out there, as for the changes in addon structure it can be seen in in demo addon here and opensubtitles working addon is here. I will work on moving podnapisi, sublight and titlovi into new format, rest will need to be done by their respective authors and submitted to XBMC repo.

Sorry for a change, but many of you kind of knew about it for a while... this will make it much easier for all service authors to submit to XBMC repo directly without having to go through me and my github PR system first.I am not the best at explaining how things work, so if anything is unclear please ask here. Smile

lets keep this thread for technical discussion and for service maintainers to get a handle on how things need to change, any questions about current subtitle addon will be deleted/ignored. any ideas are welcome but note that some features have been left out intentionally as to not clutter XBMC settings page.

Cheers,
amet

Messages In This Thread
[Announcement] - Changes in Subtitle Addons structure - by amet - 2013-11-05, 10:18
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Announcement] - Changes in Subtitle Addons structure0