[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)
(2014-12-16, 03:09)JasonPell Wrote:
(2014-12-16, 02:59)corona Wrote:
(2014-12-16, 02:17)JasonPell Wrote: I am playing around with getting the kernel rc stuff working with xbmc. Can you recommend any good tutorials especially for mapping things like KEY_OK and KEY_EXIT to appropriate xbmc ones

I remap any keys like those to more normal keyboard ones, ie KEY_OK -> Space and KEY_EXIT -> Escape.
I'm coming from a mythtv background though (~10 year), and have only been using xbmc regularly for about 6 months. To ease this transition with my partner I've put a lot of work into making my xbmc behave more like myth, so my key choices reflect that.

Basically I have a modified rc script in /etc/rc_keymaps/rc6_mce with keymaps for my two main remotes (I've got three floating around that get used interchangeably)
http://pastebin.com/qNxyXzMf
I then force this script to get loaded at startup, as I had problems making it work automatically:
/etc/rc.local :
Code:
/usr/bin/ir-keytable -P 1000 -c -w /etc/rc_keymaps/rc6_mce
There's also ways to ensure this gets run via udev etc so that it's right after receiver is unplugged/replugged but I'm not sure that I've bothered with that at the moment, can't remember for sure.
This is all dependent on the receiver having right drivers etc.
Code:
ir-keytable
with no arguments will print out any it finds. Then with -t to get printouts of keypresses to match up with what's desired in the config file.

Hi,

But the Space bar will not activate a menu option in XBMC. So do you have a lircmap.xml as well? Can you share that.

I have a HP Media Centre receiver and keys like the OK button and the back button and volume up / down are not recognised by XBMC with the linux kernel ir support. I enabled debugging in XBMC and they are not even recognised by xbmc as key presses.

11:45:14 T:139765148841920 DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0xb6, sym: 0x1008ff56, unicode: 0x0000, modifier: 0x0
11:45:14 T:139765148841920 DEBUG: GetActionCode: Trying Hardy keycode for 0xf200
11:45:14 T:139765148841920 DEBUG: Previous line repeats 3 times.
11:45:14 T:139765148841920 DEBUG: OnKey: 0 (0xf200) pressed, action is

This is why I use lirc, as after deploying the config file it just worked with xbmc without having to modify any xbmc config files.

I am going to keep trying to figure this out, but its not positive so far

Well you can certainly modify the rc_mce file as much as desired to map buttons to desired keypresses, the standard thing to do is modify that instead of using lirc to map keys.

As part of making my xbmc more myth compatible I've got a heavily modified keymap as well as my own skin with extra layout and key changes. I originally had remotes set up for myth, and then I configured xbmc to match myth's keymaps.

But yeah, rather than mapping OK to space, set it to enter, or whatever is the default key for the desired action.
alelec kodi repo, hosting my binary addons not eligible for the official repo .
netflix, sbs ondemand, webdriver etc.

http://kodi.alelec.net/

Messages In This Thread
Search empty? - by cgrey - 2014-01-11, 06:13
Not working on windows 7 - by dandiodati - 2014-02-26, 21:55
Problems with this addon - by builderjer - 2014-11-30, 19:55
RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - by corona - 2014-12-16, 04:37
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)7