Release Video Explorer 3.0.0.61: Critical Bug Fixes
NOTE: 32 bit Windows errors

I've picked up an issue with 32 bit windows throwing BadImageFormatException errors because the version of the MediaInfo DLL that I'm shipping with VideoExplorer is a 64 bit build.

Sorry about that but I haven't worked on a 32 bit OS for so long that I actually almost forgot they existed anymore.

I will need to provide a 32 bit specific build with 32 bit dependency libraries.

I will look at that shortly.

Allan

NOTE: Errors when attempting to load certain movies because of issues with artwork that cause a Generic GDI+ error.

This has also just come to my attention and seems to be related to certain poster and fanart images that are either encoded in strange and non standard way or are actually corrupt.

I will need to improve the explicit error handling currently wrapped around the code that handles the loading of images and saving of thumbnails.

I never encountered this in my testing at all so this is new to me and I will try to reproduce it and make VideoExplorer handle it more gracefully asap.

@LEDFan:

I'm glad you found the problem with the nfo files.

As far as the artwork goes, I think I need to look at the order I search for artwork file names and rather look for the artwork that has the movie names first.

Can you please give me some examples of how your artwork is named right now. Just a few samples file names will do. Both posters and fanart.

I will modify VideoExplorer to look for the more specific names first and then the more generic names.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Video Explorer v2.1.6.1 - by MasterPhW - 2014-01-27, 14:15
RE: Video Explorer v2.3.0.0: - by SiliconKid - 2014-02-05, 22:31
RE: Video Explorer v3: RELEASED ! - by LEDFan - 2014-03-26, 17:31
RE: Video Explorer v3: RELEASED ! - by LEDFan - 2014-03-26, 17:56
RE: Video Explorer v3: RELEASED ! - by LEDFan - 2014-03-26, 18:04
RE: Video Explorer v3: RELEASED ! - by SiliconKid - 2014-03-26, 18:12
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Explorer 3.0.0.61: Critical Bug Fixes1