Release [service.subtitles.opensubtitles]
(2018-12-23, 07:34)snooker Wrote: How does the open subtitles Kodi add-on parse the movie in order to search? I ask this because my movies are all renamed via the names on tmdb or IMDb. Therefore I have a tough time searching through subtitle options to find the correct one to match the particular release. I have started keeping the release name in a text or nfo with the movie. So my question is how does the search function of this add-on work? Does it search via the name of the video file? Via a name field stored within the video itself? Or does it search via an nfo or text file?
 From what I have found, [service.subtitles.opensubtitles] seems to use the actual name of the file. I get my best results if file is a Blueray or DVD Rip as compared to a Web Download (WEB-DL), a Hand Cam recording (HDTC), or a TV Recording (HDTV) since video capturing start and end times rely on the person making the recording. If you do have captured videos, it is best to try to look for the exact file match in [service.subtitles.opensubtitles].

The *.nfo file can have the friendly name, and Kodi will display that instead of something cryptic.

Again, just what I have found to work for me.

Messages In This Thread
[service.subtitles.opensubtitles] - by amet - 2014-01-12, 07:17
RE: [service.subtitles.opensubtitles] - by jp2code - 2018-12-23, 15:35
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[service.subtitles.opensubtitles]2