Solved allow to override HOME / XBMC_HOME ?
My initial version of the android main implementation checked if there was an external storage available and automatically set XBMC_HOME to that. My reasons where the space being used and that files on an external SD are mostly easier accessible than those in the builtin flash (due to access restrictions etc).
Someome (maybe TheUni, I don't remember) removed that logic completely. I also don't remember the reason for sure but I think it was something about performance.

I'm not sure if this will work with either an advancedsetting or a plain setting as you first need to be able to find the advancedsettings.xml or guisettings.xml in the path pointed to by XBMC_HOME before being able to read its content. After that it's too late to change XBMC_HOME (AFAICT) unless you add some hack to kill the current application class and create a new one with a new XBMC_HOME.

EDIT: Hehe koying you realized it yourself in the meantime.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Messages In This Thread
RE: allow to override XBMC_HOME ? - by Koying - 2014-01-14, 14:58
RE: allow to override XBMC_HOME ? - by Montellese - 2014-01-14, 15:02
RE: allow to override XBMC_HOME ? - by Koying - 2014-01-14, 15:15
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
allow to override HOME / XBMC_HOME ?0