XBMC not connecting to MediaPortal
I’m hoping somebody can help out as I’ve just about run out of things to try and my wife is really starting to miss her live TV…

I have one computer (an old HP Pavilion a1240n repurposed and slightly modified) running as a media server in my basement. The internal IP is 192.168.1.100. This computer has MediaPortal 1.6.0 on it with TVserverXBMC 1.6.0.125 using port 9596.

I have a second computer running Windows 7 in my living room. This computer is running XBMC 12.3 and the included MediaPortal PVR add-on, version 1.6.8 configured to connect to 192.168.1.100 and use port 9596. Windows user account (SMB) is ‘Guest’ with no password.

My cable comes in via an HD Homerun Prime.

I am able to get video to MediaPortal from the HDHR Prime via the ‘Preview’ option in the TV Server Configuration. I have not tested getting video in the MediaPortal client as the video card on the server can’t handle rendering the interface.

Now, when I start XBMC and just let it sit idle, every few minutes I get a pop-up saying “Your TVserverXBMC version is too old. Please upgrade to ‘1.0.9.10’ or higher!”

When I select ‘Live TV’ on the XBMC menu I get a pop-up saying “No PVR clients have been started yet. Wait for the PVR clients to start up or check the log for details. Please check the configuration or check the log for details.”.

My xbmc.log file contains the following:
21:21:55 T:2052 ERROR: AddOnLog: MediaPortal PVR Client: Socket::connect 192.168.1.100:9596
21:21:55 T:2052 ERROR: AddOnLog: MediaPortal PVR Client: Socket::connect: (Winsock error=10061) Connection refused
21:21:55 T:2052 ERROR: AddOnLog: MediaPortal PVR Client: Could not connect to MediaPortal TV Server backend
21:21:55 T:2052 ERROR: ADDON: Dll MediaPortal PVR Client - Client returned bad status (1) from Create and is not usable
21:21:55 T:2052 WARNING: PVR::CPVRClients::UpdateAndInitialiseClients - failed to create add-on MediaPortal PVR Client, status = 1
21:21:55 T:2188 NOTICE: Thread CAddonStatusHandler:pvr.mediaportal.tvserver start, auto delete: true

Through various Google searches and trial and error I have tried…
- Turning off Windows Firewall
- Swapping the port used (at both the server and client so that they are always matching)
- Uninstalled and reinstalled TVserverXBMC and the MediaPortal PVR addon for XBMC
- Multiple combinations of port, IP and hostname for connecting

Again, any help or additional troubleshooting suggestions anybody can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Messages In This Thread
XBMC not connecting to MediaPortal - by cdesrochers - 2014-03-07, 05:58
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC not connecting to MediaPortal0