Openelec RPi v3.95.1 bug thread?
(2014-03-16, 13:22)popcornmix Wrote: You should disable "extract thumbnail and video information" (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Settings/Videos).
You should set gpu_mem=128. 100 is too low for gotham.
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll give that a go.
The gpu_mem suggestion, however, is confusing. This was what I already had in my config.txt:
Code:
# default GPU memory split (do not change if you do not know what you are doing)
  gpu_mem=128

# SDRAM size based GPU memory split, uncomment and setup to override 'gpu_mem'
  gpu_mem_256=100
  gpu_mem_512=128
In both cases already set to 128 for my RPi.

(2014-03-16, 13:22)popcornmix Wrote: However I think the problem is that the Panasonic VIERA G30 does not support DTS passthrough.

If this is the case, then disabling "DTS capable receiver" is the correct solution to get the same behaviour of Frodo.

Run "tvservice -a" to confirm if DTS passthrough is supported.

Running that command gives me just
Quote:PCM supported: Max channels: 2, Max samplerate: 48kHz, Max samplesize 16 bits.
, on OE 3.2 as well as OE 4. Which would imply that it never worked in the first place... Which is strange, because when I started enabling that in the past, tests I performed back then where giving me a positive outcome that passthrough was working.

Here's a log where I try to use "Play using..." to start playing the movie on my TV through UPnP: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=150403

I'm trying it with 2 different movies. Both end up with nothing. My TV, however, can play the same movies just fine when starting them either directly on my TV as well as through "AV Control Point" on my desktop machine. The latter functions as a UPnP control point as well.

Messages In This Thread
Openelec RPi v3.95.1 bug thread? - by MrNice - 2014-03-09, 20:31
RE: Openelec RPi v3.95.1 bug thread? - by Forage - 2014-03-16, 13:42
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Openelec RPi v3.95.1 bug thread?0