Linux QAM256 works / QAM64 does not... on Tvheadend 3.4 and HDHomerun HDHR3-4DC
Exclamation 
I have a HDHomeRun HDHR3-4DC and a server with Ubuntu minimal installation running Tvheadend 3.4. Tvheadend succesfully recognizes 4 tuners and can use these tuners to discover muxes and services. I can watch these services using VLC Media Player straight from the Tvheadend web interface. Finally, scrambled channels are successfully unscrambled using a softcam (OSCam with SmargoV2). That was the good news.

The bad news is that I am missing a bunch of services. Tvheadend reports 30 muxes and about 300 services. On closer inspection I notice that 6 of these muxes have no detailed information, whereas all the other muxes have full information (description; id; etc). Trying to play a stream from these muxes using VLC leads to no result. A quick google through some online mux-service-channel listings tells me that the services which I am missing are a part of my non-functioning muxes.

There is one obvious thing that sets the non-functioning muxes apart, from the functioning muxes:
  • All functioning muxes are on QAM256
  • All non-functioning muxes are on QAM64

Inspecting the output from TVHeadend while viewing channels through VLC-player tells me the following
  • Functioning channels show lock=qam256
  • Non-functioning channels show lock=none, while qam64 is expected

Using the hdhomerun linux command line tools, I was able to manually switch one of my tuners to the right channel. According to the output of hdhomerun, I got a fully functional stream using the same settings that TVHeadend should be using when tuning to a channel.

Apparently, something is causing TVHeadend to ignore the modulation of channels on QAM64.

Messages In This Thread
QAM256 works / QAM64 does not... on Tvheadend 3.4 and HDHomerun HDHR3-4DC - by MartinDevillers - 2014-03-17, 01:14
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QAM256 works / QAM64 does not... on Tvheadend 3.4 and HDHomerun HDHR3-4DC0