[Project] Dual Audio Output support (Krypton/Jarvis/Isengard/Helix/Gotham/Frodo)
OE fared better than Windows - I could get 5.1 to the speakers and a downmix to the headphones from lots of my test files, and all the channel placement was correct.

Unfortunately Frodo has problems that have been fixed in Gotham. If I bitstream the sound, Dolby TrueHD and DTS MA samples play at extremely low volumes (this may be an interaction between XBMC and my A/V receiver). If I send LPCM then most test files are OK but one I have which uses Dolby TrueHD has stuttering video and audio. And an irritation of OE 3.2 is that it doesn't work with my Logitech K400r cordless keyboard/trackpad. All these problems go away if I use a dev build of OE/Gotham.

I also noticed that the sound through the headphones was slightly ahead of that through the speakers. Watching actors lips suggest that the headphones are spot on and the speakers slightly behind, but it's so close that it wouldn't be noticeable in normal use unless you could hear both headphones and speakers at the same time.

So this is *almost* enough for me to forget about buying the Atlona box, but not quite. If the same patches were applied to Gotham it would be a different story - then I would definitely go for it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PATCH] Return of the Dual Audio Output support (Frodo...) - by quartermain - 2014-04-19, 13:08
Thank you! - by OCDHD - 2014-06-26, 03:56
Works great! Thank you! - by britishopen93 - 2014-07-18, 12:43
RPi Openelec.. how to.. - by kramegna - 2014-12-03, 17:27

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Project] Dual Audio Output support (Krypton/Jarvis/Isengard/Helix/Gotham/Frodo)9
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.