Musicbrainz integration in music library
Hi Guys,

been reading through many threads dealing with the integration of musicbrainz to the music library and how correctly tagging (even more than before) music files is a must somehow.

Neither the Gotham FAQs http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...otham)_FAQ
nor the wiki section http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...he_library
provides any real insight about the musicbrainz integration.

As someone who uses xbmc primarily for music, I would really really greatly appreciate it if anyone could make a comprehensive list of any changes that were done to the music library.

After the Gotham update I had the following announcement "Music library needs to rescan tags from files. Would you like to scan now?"

After the scan I observed the following:

Top 100 songs and Top 100 albums were reverted to some quite old date
The "latest albums" were reset after the scan
I had multiple entries of the same album
I had multiple entries of an artist
I had duplicate entries of songs in an album
Compilations that were correctly identified as compilations in Frodo were no longer identified as compilations in Gotham

Those observations survived a clean up of the library as well (thought I could get rid of the duplicate entries that way).

I have about 30,000 songs in my library coming from various sources (ripped CDs, amazon music, google music, from friends) and in various album formats ("common" albums, many live bootlegs, handmade compilations). Frankly I have no idea if any of these have musicbrainz tags. I definitely can't rule it out. Personally I hadn't heard of musicbrainz before Gotham.

I have reverted back to Frodo for the time being.

So, could anyone please shed some light into the changes for a music lover?

In case logs of any kind are needed I'd happily provide them.

Thanks in advance, cheers Blush

Messages In This Thread
Musicbrainz integration in music library - by DarkHelmet - 2014-05-11, 21:53
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Musicbrainz integration in music library0